Cake Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cake Mafia

beating pinatas with sticks in hopes of getting bigger sticks to beat bigger pinatas with since 2004.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tsugo - Feral druid

Go down 
+4
slowbro
Broly
Salve
Tsugo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsugo
Meathead
Meathead
Tsugo

Tsugo - Feral druid Empty
PostSubject: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Character Name:
Tsugo

Server you are applying from:
Tichondrius

How did you hear about us?
I've run SSC/TK pugs with Ironsmaiden, et al.

Class:
Druid

Race:
Tauren

Spec:
PvE Feral right now - 0/47/14

Armory Link (make the link work):]
Tanking gear is a mix of T5/Badge/S3. This guy has never done much 25 man action as I raid on a Warlock.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Tsugo

List any viable offspecs and gearsets:
Irons mentioned FR gear and I am sitting on 105 badges right now which I could possibly use for that.
My dps gears pretty decent but I've not dumped badges into it for reasons which might be obvious.
My healing gear is a mix of PvP/ZA - ~1900 raid buffed
Boomkin gear I just half-assed for PvP out of boredom last weekend - ~1k damage raid buffed but a little low on hit. ZA/Kara stuff mostly.

Describe how your spec will fit into our raid:
Dodge, dodge, dodge, miss, ^7000^, dodge, 2000, dodge, miss, etc

List your applicable PVE stats:
~32k armor, 16.5k health self-buffed, 41% dodge (raid buffed ~20k hp and 46% dodge)
I also have extra pieces to mix and match a bit if a different balance of mitigation/avoidance is needed - not much but I do have a few pieces. Right now I've tried to balance the two.

Link to a screenshot of your UI (make the link work) (http://imageshack.us):
Tsugo's UI

Personal Info

List your Pre-BC and Post-BC raiding experience:
Raided on Priest/Mage/Rogue Pre-BC up through Huhu in AQ40 and Razuvious (yeah, I know - real deep eh?) in Naxx. It was a pretty casual situation. Everything cleared post-BC pre Sunwell on my Warlock. Too familiar with BT/Hyjal for my liking.

Previous raiding guild(s):
Ringleaders is where he currently is listed as an alt. Gzorl is my main and will be staying there.

Reason for leaving previous guild(s):
Opportunity to raid on my druid and still raid with my Warlock (they raid 10:30-3am server time to accomdate our many Oceanic friends).

40. Hey, it's still 2 digits, right? Besides, I get girls hitting on me that are more your age.

Playtimes (Server Time Please):
5:30pm-1am (if this goes through)

List possible playtime changes (new job, school starting, etc):
I'm transitioning at work and therefore no longer able to raid till flippin' 3am with Ringleaders. I've been bailing early on them starting this week at ~1am. This raid schedule fits my work/life balance much better and doesn't overlap.

Will you get grounded if you get caught raiding past bedtime?
Highly unlikely.

Will you get grounded if your mother hears cursing over your Ventrilo?
She'll need great ears as she's 4k miles away and even then, I doubt it.

What do you expect your raid attendance to be?
The only thing that would keep it below 100% is real life drama (none anticipated) or Warhammer beta, but I can put that on hold as raiding on my druid has been on my list of things to do since I made him in 1.6.

Can you handle a plethora of "oof", "eep", and "hup" onomatopoeias during raid? http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Onomatopoeia
Hahaha. Great term and question. I think I'll fit in well.

Can you afford to bring consumables, pay for repairs, and spec correctly for every raid?
Absolutely. Even now I carry a stack of AGI & STAM food + elixirs, etc. I think I might even have healing elixirs on me (/wince).

Additional Info
List any Cake references (make sure they know you're listing them):
Ironsmaiden - this was his idea!

What do you expect from raiding with Cake?
To both experience WoW at the highest level and contribute commensurate with my capability.

Is there anything further you'd like to add or comment on?
I was born ~30mi outside NYC long ago and spent 18 glorious years there (For time period reference, think -> afro !). Currently, I work in technology development quality and reliability for Intel and am transitioning into 32nm. I've been a gamer forever, but also love sports. 12 handicap golfer, played some class B baseball in Hawaii back in the early 90's. Oregon's weather isn't conducive to lots of year-round activities except hiking/climbing but it's nice here once you get acclimated to the 7 months of drizzle.

I've got a reptuation for being reasonably adroit above the neck, sarcastic and direct. Personalities are a fuction of nature & nurture. My personal motto: "If you don't want to know, don't ask me." eg. my best female friend asked me last night on the phone if she was the hottest chick at a party we went to on Sunday - my immediate answer "Nope." Her: "Oh, thanks. <click>". Rolling Eyes

I like to keep it kinda light and bullshit around, but when it's go time then the bullshit should stop. I can and will hammer people if they're fucking up (myself included). I take my personal contribution seriously and attempt to lead by example (perhaps those years in the military really were good for me!) I've stayed away from leading raids in WoW because the pain factor has outweighed the satisfaction for me (ie. too many players that can't/don't/won't perform consistently at the required level for whatever content - PvP included). I'm of the opinion that the ideal raiding group is one that effectively needs very little leading and hoping to find more of that.

I have a solid understanding of game mechanics and how they apply to many classes, some of which I've never played. I've got lots of tools for calculating gear/dps/blahblahblah.

Now, you guys are clearly a robust guild with solid players and subsequent performance. It'll be a great experience dodging all those hits and brezzing when necessary if you'll have me. I feel confident in my ability to contribute in whatever role is needed. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask me in game on this character or Gzorl.

ps. Don't hate on your dad if he's better at a video game then you - use it as motivation to improve yourself!
Back to top Go down
Salve
Officer
Salve

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:50 pm

A) Gumibear is nutting himself somewhere as we speak.

B) "Dodge, dodge, dodge, miss, ^7000^, dodge, 2000, dodge, miss, etc" - I see what you did there.

C) Does Ringleaders know/care about you apping? Would you be trying to raid on both characters, or phasing out raiding late night? We keep our raid schedule pretty rigid and rarely go more than 20-30 mins past 10pm, so there shouldn't be conflicts with your work but I'd like to know what your plan is going forward.

D) Where in Oregon do you live? I was born in Grants Pass, about 20 mins north of Medford.
Back to top Go down
Broly
Captain Hook
Captain Hook
Broly

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:51 pm

farao
Back to top Go down
slowbro
Albino
Albino
slowbro

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:52 pm

this app makes me moist.
Back to top Go down
Tsugo
Meathead
Meathead
Tsugo

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Salve wrote:
A) Gumibear is nutting himself somewhere as we speak.

B) "Dodge, dodge, dodge, miss, ^7000^, dodge, 2000, dodge, miss, etc" - I see what you did there.

C) Does Ringleaders know/care about you apping? Would you be trying to raid on both characters, or phasing out raiding late night? We keep our raid schedule pretty rigid and rarely go more than 20-30 mins past 10pm, so there shouldn't be conflicts with your work but I'd like to know what your plan is going forward.

D) Where in Oregon do you live? I was born in Grants Pass, about 20 mins north of Medford.

Thanks for responding, Salve.

I've let a few people know within RL that I'm doing this. We have others who do it with other guilds and I'm not anticipating a serious problem. The only reason I've stayed with them this long is that I really like the core group and we get along famously. If Manny didn't mention this to me yesterday, I'd have probably talked to Djinn about doing this with Neurotic.

They know that I can't raid till 3am 4 nights a week anymore and I've made it clear that if they need to give my Warlock's spot to someone else, that's fine. I can't demand a part time spot and have to bail mid-raid - that's unreasonable. When I first started raiding with them it was this way so we'll see how it plays out. If it were overlapping schedules, tnen I'd have to choose but I think this may turn out well for all parties.

I live in Hillsboro in the burbs of Portland about 12mi west. I have a friend here that were born down in Grant's Pass and given how small that community is, you probably know her! haha
Back to top Go down
sheep
High Warlord
High Warlord
sheep

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Great app!
One relevant question is can you handle being around people (i.e. vent) of a college age group for raids? There will be a plethora of swearing, dirty jokes, and racial slurs.

p.s. The age question is more so we can screen for 11 year olds.
Back to top Go down
kami
Officer
kami

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Solid app, pick him up gogo...

With that said, why did you choose natural shapeshifter over intensity?

Some solid upgrades for you would be the badge gloves and boots, this would still keep you uncrittable without changing any enchants. Also why did you choose stam/crit gems in your legs? If you want yellow for the socket/meta bonus stam/defense is better mit, and hit/agi or straight hit is better for threat.

You are also 2.2% crit reduction over the cap so I would switch the wrist enchant to 12 stam.
Back to top Go down
http://cake.wow-dynasty.net
Tsugo
Meathead
Meathead
Tsugo

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:16 pm

sheep wrote:
Great app!
One relevant question is can you handle being around people (i.e. vent) of a college age group for raids? There will be a plethora of swearing, dirty jokes, and racial slurs.

p.s. The age question is more so we can screen for 11 year olds.

Yep, no problems. NY'er + 11 years Navy? I think I should be asking you guys this.

That said, if someone does cross the line, I'll make a call back to NY and someone will get their legs broke but I woudln't be too worried. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tsugo
Meathead
Meathead
Tsugo

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:36 pm

kami wrote:
Solid app, pick him up gogo...

With that said, why did you choose natural shapeshifter over intensity?

Some solid upgrades for you would be the badge gloves and boots, this would still keep you uncrittable without changing any enchants. Also why did you choose stam/crit gems in your legs? If you want yellow for the socket/meta bonus stam/defense is better mit, and hit/agi or straight hit is better for threat.

You are also 2.2% crit reduction over the cap so I would switch the wrist enchant to 12 stam.

Thanks for asking, Kami.

I took NS over Intensity really for PvP. I don't respec back and forth much. If you can stay in a form for long enough, intensity doesn't really get you anything at all but NS buys you quite a bit when you do need to shift out (including powershifting for DPS in catform).

About the upgrades: I agree and this guys been a slow process. In general, I didn't really expect to find myself in this position so I'm not optimized as I will be if this goes through.

I've been accumulating badges with the hope I'll have a shot at some T6 gloves pretty soon (one way or the other), so i've not dumped them into the badge gloves. I've been back and forth between the badge chest (which was the goal) or boots for like 2 days and just haven't pulled the trigger. The relative improvement for either is in the same ballpark with the chest slighly ahead. The seaspray I have in the legs was just lying around and I needed the 2nd blue for my meta at the time so I hadn't swapped it yet. As easy as it is now to hit the 415 def cap, I've tried not to use any stam/def gems but I definitely recognize their usefulness. I also know how far over the cap I am, really because of the 2 S3 pieces (which I've been wearing for the ridiculous stam factor + threat relative to T4). Same story for the bracers, I just haven't swapped the enchant as yet.

Resilience is a convenient tool for reaching crit immunity, but defense also buys you dodge so I've tried to keep that up there and not totally sell it out. Sure, at 400def its like an extra ~1.5% dodge but that's better then 0%. Smile
Back to top Go down
bli
Albino
Albino
bli

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:57 pm

wow, i dont usually post on applicants posts since i dont raid, but id just like to say you put together a nice and organized app( cheers) and answering with great responses(imo).

basically what my point is: good job!
Back to top Go down
Salve
Officer
Salve

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:00 pm

Send me a tell in game. Also, hold onto your badges for now imo...FR might be something to look into.
Back to top Go down
Gumibear
Pale
Pale
Gumibear

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Quote :
It'll be a great experience dodging

Talk to LJ about that. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tsugo - Feral druid   Tsugo - Feral druid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tsugo - Feral druid
Page 1 of 1