Cake Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cake Mafia

beating pinatas with sticks in hopes of getting bigger sticks to beat bigger pinatas with since 2004.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dolk Fire Lock

Go down 
+6
Gumibear
kami
colbearx
slowbro
Broly
Tunnels
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tunnels
Meathead
Meathead

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Character Name: Dolk
Class: Warlock
Race: Orc
Professions (including any rare patterns): Tailor / Miner

What is your current spec?: 0/21/40 (I usually go Fire, but I can do Shadow as well)

If applicable, do you have off spec gear?:Yes, I have both Shadow Resist and Fire resist gear.

Describe how your character will fit into our raid and why we should consider you as your current spec: As a warlock I can do amazing damage, but thats only half of me. I am vary capable of watching and learning, so in a moments notice I can go over and do whatever needs to be done in order for the raid to be successful. As far as me being Fire lock, my DPS is just as good, and sometimes better. A fire lock is different to the raid. I not only do roughly the same amount of damage as a shadow lock, I also allow the mages and Moonkins the nice luxury of a full time CoE.

How did you hear about us? Word of mouth.
What server are you applying from? Tich

Link to armory of your character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Dolk

List of your PVE stats: {Shadow} 1191 Shadow, 213 hit, 20% crit, 80 haste {Fire} 2013 Fire, 193 hit, 23% crit 80 Haste.

Link to a screenshot of your UI (http://imageshack.us): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img440/4175/wowscrnshot051508204410ma4.jpg

Playtimes (Server Time Please): I'm usually on around 5 server during the weekdays. On the weekends I'll be on hear and there. Honestly since I'm not raiding these days, its just whenever. But while raiding, I'll be on around 1 hr before raid time doing what needs to be done so I can be prepared.

Will your play schedule be changing in the near future? no
Will you get grounded if you get caught raiding past bedtime? no
Will you get grounded if your mother hears cursing over your Ventrilo? no
What do you expect your raid attendance to be? nothing, only the satisfaction of killing new and challenging bosses. I really don't care about loot.
Can you handle a plethora of "oofs", "eeps" and "hup" onomatopoeias during raid? Yes, I've been raiding for about 4 years now. Those sounds are normal after wipes.
Lumberjim: Pure of soul, or corrupt of mind? Pure of Soul.

What kind of raiding experience do you have pre-BC and post-BC? Pre-BC MC AQ20, some BWL and some Naxx. Post-BC I have progressed through all content up to 5/5 Hyjal, and 6/9 BT. My guild and I worked hard through T5 content and we were able to get both Vashj and Kael down before 2.4.

Previous Raiding Guilds: Old Guard
What made you leave your previous guilds? I have not left, our guild has stop raiding.
What do you do in preperation for a new boss fight in progression? I'll read any material that is out there on the boss. I also like getting tips from other raiders that have done the boss. I not only read what I must do, but what other classes need to do. I used to help / actually lead raids so know what goes on throughout the entire fight was my job.

Do you know anybody that is in Cake? No

What do you expect from raiding with Cake? I expect nothing more then a good time, and hard work. New bosses will come soon after that. I believe that if each person works hard and knows what they are doing it will not take long for bosses to be taken down.

Is there anything further you'd like to add or comment on? Yes, I have applied before via a private message to one of your leaders, but I never heard from anyone after that. I am sorry that I am apping once again, but I guess its better then bugging one of you.

I have a lot of experience in raiding, and in guilds. I have played since beta and I can't even count how many different raiding guilds I have been. I was lucky enough to get into Old Guard and raid with them for the past year. It was very unfortunate for us officers to decide on canceling raids. Most of our Veteran players had to stop due to real life problems/school/etc. We did try to mass recruit but it was impossible to find good players or experienced players that could handle the content we were in. Instead of going back to T5 content, we all decided to stop and wait till WOTLK. But not me and a couple of others. Before WOTLK, I would like to experience Illidan and if I am lucky some of Sunwell. I will work hard while in raids, and work even harder outside of raids to be ready.

I am a very laid back guy so nothing really bothers me.

If you need to get a hold of me, you can shoot me a message via in game on Dolk, Dolkjr, or Dolkbank. Or you can send me an email to dolk89@gmail.com (Yes I like Dolk a lot, and no I am not the graffiti est.)

Thank you for considering me.
Back to top Go down
Broly
Captain Hook
Captain Hook
Broly

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Quote :
What do you expect your raid attendance to be? nothing, only the satisfaction of killing new and challenging bosses. I really don't care about loot.

wut

2. I'm not sure how viable still being fire is, it has good personal DPS but honestly I always just heard other warlocks criticize fire locks, possibly because they don't throw imp SB that allows it to be up on the boss more consistently and buff everyone elses DPS. I don't know, all I know is warlocks should be on my ass or beating me in DPS with equivelent gear as a rogue.

3. Longest additional comment ever, though it's good to see your passion.

tbh you seem like u know what ur talking about somewhat, and we probably do need another warlock, although ur gear could use a lil more work but meh ive seen far worse join the guild.
Back to top Go down
slowbro
Albino
Albino
slowbro

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:46 pm

whats a dolk
Back to top Go down
colbearx
Meathead
Meathead
colbearx

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:30 pm

In theory shadow locks should do more damage, but i have seen fire locks out dps them. Fire locks are able to take advantage of the +15% to fire damage debuff from mages, and they got a recent buff with the reduction in cast time for incinerate. As was mentioned earlier, the only downside is the reduced imp SB uptime. Being shadow just happens to benefit the raid more

CoE doesn't benefit balance druids, that's CoS, and both would most likely be up anyways if there were two locks in the raid.

I'm always a fan of casters that don't want loot.
Back to top Go down
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~jo845910/
kami
Officer
kami

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:55 pm

Quote :
Is there anything further you'd like to add or comment on? Yes, I have applied before via a private message to one of your leaders, but I never heard from anyone after that. I am sorry that I am apping once again, but I guess its better then bugging one of you.
who did you send it to?

well, fire isnt terrible. it is def a little bit more DPS than shadow spec, however (obviously) you lose ISB for the raid. i'm not sure the upgrade in your personal makes up for the loss of raid dps, it obviously depends on the make up we are running with. in reality, fire really provides no utility, you can put elements up as any spec (which btw is fire/frost so it doesnt help moonkins :p)

with that said, it looks like you are shadow destro right now, so i don't think it will be an issue. i don't mind having you fire once in awhile if you get bored of spamming shadowbolts and want to spam incinerates instead, but shadow would be ideal. you seem like you know whats going on and are a loyal person, and we are in need of another lock. send me a tell ingame and dont prove me wrong!
Back to top Go down
http://cake.wow-dynasty.net
Gumibear
Pale
Pale
Gumibear

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:56 pm

BRING SOUL SHARDS.
Back to top Go down
kami
Officer
kami

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:57 pm

oh and 2013 fire dmg...?
Back to top Go down
http://cake.wow-dynasty.net
slowbro
Albino
Albino
slowbro

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 am

I still want to know what a dolk is
Back to top Go down
MinisterofDeath
Pale
Pale
MinisterofDeath

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:05 am

you should go affliction
Back to top Go down
colbearx
Meathead
Meathead
colbearx

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:09 am

i love your avatar parker, that actor played Jimmy Tickles on the strangers with candy show.

affliction seems kind of pointless at our level of raiding and especially with our usual raid make-up.

Google says dolk is:THISSSSSSSSs
Back to top Go down
http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~jo845910/
Tunnels
Meathead
Meathead

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:05 am

wow you guys made it to the 9th post before going off topic grats Wink

To answer a couple of questions.

First off, yeah I had CoE mixed up. The new version is stuck in my head, and got mixed into typing. Yes I do get 1203 fire not 2013 (that would be redunculas).

The private message was actually never sent, I guess it was a fluke in the system Sad

Afflic = fun but no dps

soulshards are plenty in my bags, do you want some?

To the question of what do you expect from raids. What I mean by this is that I just want to see bosses dead, a good time in raiding and loot come shortly after that. Another way of saying it is: you work hard, you get rewarded.

I was never put in a mage group so the + fire damage is was never factored into my dps. So yeah, I could have hit harder. Just this night I did a khara and watched my dps on Prince. Was able to do 12XX+ dps with only my suc saced.

And to finally answer slowbro: Dolk is a name that I thought I made up. I'm pretty sure that people have stolen my name and used it for this, but what ever. He can use my name. Just recently though I found out that Dolk means knife in Findish.

and lastly, Kami I'll shoot you a message tomorrow sometime.
Back to top Go down
Tunnels
Meathead
Meathead

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 am

Broly wrote:
Quote :

wut

I just realized that I skimmed this question.

The answer 100%. Unless death by me, family etc. Or if some cool thing is happening that night and I can't miss it. Like drawing a giant dick in the middle of a highway and being put on the news the next day. (the image not me Wink )
Back to top Go down
bli
Albino
Albino
bli

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:35 am

Like drawing a giant dick in the middle of a highway and being put on the news the next day. (the image not me Wink )

ROFL win cheers
Back to top Go down
Hurikane
Albino
Albino

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:41 am

Enjoy my raiding spot while im on vacation ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tunnels
Meathead
Meathead

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:54 am

bli wrote:
Like drawing a giant dick in the middle of a highway and being put on the news the next day. (the image not me Wink )

ROFL win cheers

yeah it was pretty epic.
Back to top Go down
kyokusanagi
High Warlord
High Warlord
kyokusanagi

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Hurikane wrote:
Enjoy my raiding spot while im on vacation ^_^

Who is this ?? kizane ??
Back to top Go down
Hurikane
Albino
Albino

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Yus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dolk Fire Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dolk Fire Lock   Dolk Fire Lock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dolk Fire Lock
Page 1 of 1