Cake Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cake Mafia

beating pinatas with sticks in hopes of getting bigger sticks to beat bigger pinatas with since 2004.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amereth - 70 shadow priest

Go down 
+4
Hb
sheep
MinisterofDeath
Amereth
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Amereth
Meathead
Meathead

Amereth - 70 shadow priest Empty
PostSubject: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:08 pm

Character Name: Amereth
Class: Priest
Race: BE
Professions (including any rare patterns): herb pot master 375, enchanting 350 (getting it up this weekend)

What is your current spec?: 14/0/47
If applicable, do you have off spec gear?: yes, i have decent holy gear
Describe how your character will fit into our raid and why we should consider you as your current spec: It's pretty obvious that I am a mana battery, but I know how to dps efficiently as well. I know how to maximize dps by timing mind blasts/SWD and keeping my dots up at all times. I also know how to manage my mana efficiently so I never OOM.

How did you hear about us? WoW forums.
What server are you applying from? Tich.

Link to armory of your character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Amereth
List of your PVE stats: 8.8k HP 9.8k mana 960shdw dmg unbuffed hit capped
Link to a screenshot of your UI (http://imageshack.us):
I use the WoW UI, i hate mods with a passion (other than DMB and threat meters)
Playtimes (Server Time Please): usually 7-12 server, but I will make it 6-12 if I am accepted into this guild.
Will your play schedule be changing in the near future? Nope
Will you get grounded if you get caught raiding past bedtime? I ground myself constantly as an excuse to play more WoW.
Will you get grounded if your mother hears cursing over your Ventrilo? WTF IS CURSING?!?
What do you expect your raid attendance to be? Literally 100%
Can you handle a plethora of "oofs", "eeps" and "hup" onomatopoeias during raid? Uh huh.
Lumberjim: Pure of soul, or corrupt of mind? Corrupt of cock imo.

What kind of raiding experience do you have pre-BC and post-BC? Pre BC ive done full clears of every raiding instance except Naxx (i quit a month before it came out, then returned for BC) Post BC I have full cleared kara, gruul, mag, ZA, TK, SSC, 2/5 hyjal, 2/9 BT

Previous Raiding Guilds: Triad, Neurotic
What made you leave your previous guilds? I am currently in Neurotic, but they have no room for any of my 4 70s. They demand 4/8 T6 to raid with them, and I cant get that if they dont let me raid lol. I have been searching for a guild where i can get a permanent raiding spot and can have a lot of fun with for a long time, i hope that my search ends here.
What do you do in preperation for a new boss fight in progression? I stock consumables, read about it on wowwikki, and watch the how to videos on youtube.

Do you know anybody that is in Cake? No

What do you expect from raiding with Cake? I expect to have fun and to experiance new content by working hard to progress through tough shit!

Is there anything further you'd like to add or comment on? Before you mention certain gems (cuz i would if i was reading this app) This character hasnt been played ina while. I was attempting to find a raiding home for my rogue, but that was epic fail all across the board. If you give me a chance, my gems will all be replaced and I currently working on running ZA every CD to better my gear. Im also saving badges on this char now for badge gear. Oh yea, i also sing over vent during raids. Thanks for your time guys.
Back to top Go down
MinisterofDeath
Pale
Pale
MinisterofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:12 pm

heh ya I was about to mention some of your gems, instead ill just mention your offhand, cause you shouldn't be gearing towards crit, get that shadow dmg badge hand imo. Would seem to be difficult to keep your dots up efficiently without dot timers though since your against mods, but you seem generally solid. GL
Back to top Go down
Amereth
Meathead
Meathead

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:22 pm

i have plenty of gold, and like i said, this guy has been inactive for a while. as far as not using mods, you dont need dot timers anymore since you can see your dot timer debuff on the mob(s) you are killing. that OH is just the one i happen to have currently, i will be replacing it with badges as soon as i have enough.
Back to top Go down
sheep
High Warlord
High Warlord
sheep

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:03 pm

You're in pretty much full KZ/ZA gear and you've gemmed for crit. 960 is mad low for an SP. My SP who i haven't played in a year has 1300 dmg. To be honest you are very under geared for BT/SW raiding. And i don't understand what in gods name possessed you to put that green gem (crit/mp5) in your ring. Pick up tailoring and put 9/12 dmg in every slot.
Back to top Go down
Hb
Officer
Hb

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:06 pm

Your gear isnt too terrible. Replace your gems, what you have right now is a disaster in most slots. Dont get the fucking Shadow Damage offhand, get the Fetish of the Primal Gods. Considering you already knew what we would say in regards to your gems Id go out on a limb and say you arent a meathead, and you probably did legitimately quit the character for a while or something.

You mentioned that you have 4 70s, is this just you trying to gear up one of your alts until you get bored, then you swap to another one and try to do that? We're looking for dedicated people, and being a shadow priest you'd be expected to be a 100% attendance raider.

I'd say you're worth a shot. You seem like you have general knowledge of your class, and most spriests are pretty garbage. I find it hard to believe that you can sustain your mana for long fights with that gear, but maybe.. If THIS character is the one you want to raid on, and you want to raid on it 100% of the time, then you get a thumbs up from me.
Back to top Go down
Hb
Officer
Hb

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:07 pm

sheep wrote:
You're in pretty much full KZ/ZA gear and you've gemmed for crit. 960 is mad low for an SP. My SP who i haven't played in a year has 1300 dmg. To be honest you are very under geared for BT/SW raiding. And i don't understand what in gods name possessed you to put that green gem (crit/mp5) in your ring. Pick up tailoring and put 9/12 dmg in every slot.

My priest has 1360 Shadow Dmg. I find it hard to believe that you're sitting at 1300 when Im best in slot in like 93 pieces.
Back to top Go down
kami
Officer
kami

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:08 pm

what is your main's name?
Back to top Go down
http://cake.wow-dynasty.net
MinisterofDeath
Pale
Pale
MinisterofDeath

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:10 pm

meant haste / dmg offhand from badges not shadow dmg one sorry.
Back to top Go down
sheep
High Warlord
High Warlord
sheep

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Hb wrote:

My priest has 1360 Shadow Dmg. I find it hard to believe that you're sitting at 1300 when Im best in slot in like 93 pieces.

I'd link armory but currently he's in retard ass holy gear. I was counting the blessing deck which is an effective 80 dmg. Not to mention you do have best in slot/haste gear but the sheer dmg difference in those items isn't too great. You just happen to have like 300 more haste and alot of regen lol.
Back to top Go down
Hb
Officer
Hb

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:00 pm

sheep wrote:
Hb wrote:

I'd link armory but currently he's in retard ass holy gear. I was counting the blessing deck which is an effective 80 dmg. Not to mention you do have best in slot/haste gear but the sheer dmg difference in those items isn't too great. You just happen to have like 300 more haste and alot of regen lol.

dmg isnt everything. spriests are utility.

He still gets the cheers from me depending on what his plans are
Back to top Go down
sheep
High Warlord
High Warlord
sheep

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Hb wrote:
spriests are utility.

Agreed. I'm all for this as long as he's willing to put forth effort and not expect to be carried.
Back to top Go down
Broly
Captain Hook
Captain Hook
Broly

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:17 pm

spriests are CASTER utility

wheres my melee utility, DEDICATED ENHANCEMENT SHAMAN? NON GETTING KILLEd 10X A NIGHT ON TRASHJIM?

=[ =[ =[ =[ =[ =[
Back to top Go down
Lumberjim
Officer
Lumberjim

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:39 pm

Can you calm down sir.
Back to top Go down
Salve
Officer
Salve

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:02 pm

I am going to agree with Hb here. You guys all pointed out the obvious things that he described and noted in his app. He already said his gems and several pieces of gear were a disaster and that he was going to regem it all and grab bagde gear...no reason to repeat the same shit back to him as if you're saying something new.

His low damage will go away by regemming, he'll probably be in the 1000-1050 range, the crit will be traded for haste/hit/dmg, etc from badge gear and gems. I'm gonna support the app contingent on a commitment that a shadow priest is what he wants to play and that it will be his main. We have an application period for this reason; It's his chance to make us believers.
Back to top Go down
Amereth
Meathead
Meathead

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:05 pm

my current main is a rogue, but the reason i have 4 70s is because every time i get to the t4/za/t5 stage with any of them, i get stuck. no guilds want rogues, no guilds want hunters, and my shaman is terribly geared. I rerolled this char the day BC came out and after gearing him up for what was at the time end game (kara) i quit playing him to level a rogue again since it is my favorite class. the truth is i dont care what class i play, i just really want to raid. i miss the pre BC days when i was doing progression. I really enjoy seeing new content and raiding end game stuff. I do know spriest class very well, and gear can be fixed pretty easily. I have not been able to find a guild that will give me a chance because most require hyjal/bt gear already, such as my current guild neurotic. if you give me a shot, i know you will be impressed. and yes, spriests are not just dmg they are utility. and yes, i do never run out of mana with this gear. of course, this is taking into account that im talking about kara/za/t5 stuff, i dont know if that would hold true in t6 content. anyway, i hope you will give me a shot. you wont be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
sheep
High Warlord
High Warlord
sheep

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Amereth wrote:
my current main is a rogue, but the reason i have 4 70s is because every time i get to the t4/za/t5 stage with any of them, i get stuck. no guilds want rogues, no guilds want hunters, and my shaman is terribly geared. I rerolled this char the day BC came out and after gearing him up for what was at the time end game (kara) i quit playing him to level a rogue again since it is my favorite class. the truth is i dont care what class i play, i just really want to raid. i miss the pre BC days when i was doing progression. I really enjoy seeing new content and raiding end game stuff. I do know spriest class very well, and gear can be fixed pretty easily. I have not been able to find a guild that will give me a chance because most require hyjal/bt gear already, such as my current guild neurotic. if you give me a shot, i know you will be impressed. and yes, spriests are not just dmg they are utility. and yes, i do never run out of mana with this gear. of course, this is taking into account that im talking about kara/za/t5 stuff, i dont know if that would hold true in t6 content. anyway, i hope you will give me a shot. you wont be disappointed.

pretty sure you just brought a tear to Marcelo's eye. He was once the shaman with can-opener shoulders of elements...
Back to top Go down
kami
Officer
kami

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:34 pm

kami wrote:
what is your main's name?
Back to top Go down
http://cake.wow-dynasty.net
Amereth
Meathead
Meathead

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:38 pm

this is my main now, but it was keilman and hugsnsnugs for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amereth - 70 shadow priest   Amereth - 70 shadow priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amereth - 70 shadow priest
Page 1 of 1